Job Assistance / Stay Connected Program
If you were enrolled with us, here are some of the jobs that would be available to you right now.
- Feature Film Southpaw Accepting Crew Resumes
- Feature Film Accepting Crew Resumes
- Hiring Production Manager
- Positions on Miami Docuseries
- Video Editor Job: News Station in Memphis!
- Love football?! Sacramento Job Opportunity! $$$
- Commercial Video Work! $$
- LA Fashion Corner Volunteers wanted! July 19th!
- Videographer with Own Equipment Wanted for Female Boxing Documentary- 2 Day Shoot!
- Film project in Arizona wants Jack or Jackie of All Trades
- Portland Project Seeking Volunteer Videographer / Editor
- Looking for a DP in the D.C. area!
- Videographer wanted! ASAP
- Videographer & Second Photographer Needed
- Houston Webseries – Multiple Positions Available!
- Rush Call for Film promo – Many positions Avail –Get Film Credit!
- Movie & Music Network FILM CONTEST! – CA$H PRIZE$
- Videographer / Editor / Coordinator Position Available
- Music Video Needs Videographers, Coordinators, PAs
- Videographer Wanted July 8th! Great Pay!
The Film Connection’s one-of-a-kind Stay Connected Program is in place to help all our graduates make the successful transition out of school and into a lucrative position in the film industry.
Due to the unique nature of our on-the-job training, many of our students find gainful employment immediately upon graduation, and even before. However, understandably, some of our graduates still need some assistance in finding job openings—and our commitment to helping our students find and secure those jobs is second to none. This is why we have put our Stay Connected Program in place.
Beginning at week ten of your course, and for up to a year after you graduate, one of our Career Counselors will be actively involved in helping you connect to a successful career, starting with a series of lessons designed to position you for employment, and finishing by contacting real film production companies to help make the introductions for you, attempting to help you get your foot in the door.
The Film Connection’s Stay Connected Program starts with the following steps, to be completed every two weeks, designed to help you make the most of your newly-acquired skills and potential:
- Prepare a 5-year plan. Spend time contemplating your career goals in the film industry, and create short-term, medium and long-term goals.
- Learn the art of self-promotion. Discover multiple tools to get your name out there so people know what you can offer them.
- Present yourself as a professional. Learn how to polish your public persona (from voicemail to email and more) so you will be taken seriously.
- Learn how to write a dynamic cover letter that will improve your chances for being called.
- Create a professional resume designed and organized to show off your strengths and get you noticed.
- Develop a list of professional references—people who can attest to your abilities and your professionalism.
- Create a log of companies/studios where you plan to apply for work. Research five places where you wish to apply, and use your log to document each stage of the application process with them.
- Now it’s time to apply to all five locations!
- Learn how to land, or “create”, an interview. Develop creative strategies for getting your foot in the door besides the conventional hand-in-your-resume approach.
- Learn how to give a winning interview, and how to follow up on it afterward.
Most importantly, as you make this transition from student to pro, our Student Services department is here for you each step of the way. Need career counseling? Need help with your resume or cover letter? A friendly voice to encourage you? We are always a phone call or email away.
Please note that The Recording Radio and Film Connection is a licensed and accredited school, not a job placement service or employment agency. While we are highly committed to the ultimate success of our students, we cannot offer any guarantee of a job. However, if you are ambitious, passionate, and dedicated to finding a job in film, you will find that we will do our utmost to help you obtain the employment you need and deserve.
We know it takes determination to become a working film professional. That’s why the Stay Connected Program is here for you.
“The Film Connection game me the means to pursue screenwriting as a career. I learned from professionals, but I would say, that in their own way, they were teachers because they were trying to elevate you.”
“I have been working with my mentor’s studio now for a little over a year, and wow there are so many stories and experiences that I could share. The one that sticks out to me the most is when they had informed me they were going to be leaving for L.A. to shoot a music Video with a rap artist. I immediately asked them if I could go, and they said yes. I also realized that it was a great opportunity for me to help produce the video, and so I decided to invest. three days before we were scheduled to leave, I was booking flights, location scouting, getting the camera equipment ready, and meeting with the editor to make a shot list and decide how we were going to be editing the video as a team. The week went by fast and it wasn’t long before I was at the Hollywood castle on the Hollywood hill setting up shots, assisting the director, and working with camera operators who had been called down to help out on the set. The experience was a real eye opener to how much work it takes to make it happen, but the fulfillment after it was all done and knowing that I had a part in the process was irreplaceable. Everyone who had been on set that day told my mentor that i was the hardest worker there, and they asked me if i had any plans to move down to L.A. because they had jobs for me! Hearing very talented artists who had already been working in the industry for years tell me that i was a hard worker and offering me jobs was such a complement and really pushed me to stay motivated.”