As the CEO of a creative media arts institute, I’ve been involved in education for over 30 years. I have come to believe that two things are important in education: encouraging creativity and imparting career skills. With entire segments of industries being wiped out by new technology at an ever increasing pace, I think it imperative that today’s education deliver skills that are universal so graduates can succeed in a future that is bound to change dramatically. With that in mind I am setting up the following scholarship for high school students and graduates in the United States.
James “Jimi” Petulla
CEO, RRFC (Recording Radio Film Connection and CASA Schools)
1. The winning applicant shall receive their choice of a $2000 scholarship to the higher education institute of their choice OR a full scholarship to the Film Connection (approximate value $10,000.)
2. The award will be based on creativity.
3. Candidates must fill out an application. The winning applicant will be chosen for their creativity in answering the following question in 100 words or less: “Where I hope to be in five years and how I’m going to get there.”
4. Applications may be made by filling out the online application form or by regular mail addressed to:
RRFC Scholarship Program
6300 Wilshire Blvd. Suite #640
Los Angeles, CA 90048
5. March 31st is the deadline for applications for this annual scholarship. The winning application will be announced on April 30th. If the winning applicant chooses the $2000 scholarship to the higher education institute of their choice option, the funds will be paid directly to that school in the winning applicant’s name to be credited against said applicant’s tuition. If the winning applicant chooses the full scholarship to the Film Connection option they will have up to one year from the time of the scholarship award announcement to enroll in the Film Connection location of their choice.
6. This scholarship award is open to all high-school seniors and graduates.
7. For complete details on this scholarship opportunity, please visit www.filmconnection.com/james-jimi-petulla-scholarship